Preservation of your privacy is important to The Ethical Fundraiser and I am committed to letting you know how I use your personal information and to making only responsible use of your data.
References to “I”, “me” or “my” in this Privacy Notice are references to Gemma O’Shea, as a Freelance Fundraiser and Sole Trader of The Ethical Fundraiser.
I take the privacy of your Personal Data seriously. The following principles guide how I manage Personal Data:
- I minimise the personal data I collect and hold;
- I am clear about what personal data I collect and why;
- I store personal data securely;
- I don’t store personal data longer than necessary to fulfil my services or to comply with HMRC or other legal
- I do not share your Personal Data with other organisations, unless they are required to process your data in order to deliver a service for me.
- I will process Subject Access Requests promptly upon verification of the subject’s identity;
- I will notify the Information Commissioner’s Office of any serious data breaches once known.
This policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The law requires me to tell you about your rights and my obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. I do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
Except as set out below, I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through The Ethical Fundraiser’s online and digital platforms.
1. Information about you
I may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. I have collated these into groups as follows:
- Your identity includes information such as first name, last name, title, job role and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time.
- Your contact information includes information such as billing address, email address, telephone numbers and any other information you have given to me for the purpose of communication or meeting.
- Transaction data includes details about payments or communications to and from you and information about services you have purchased from me.
- Marketing data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from me; communication preferences; responses and actions in relation to your use of my services.
2. My use of this information
2.1 Your personal information will only be used to process your requests, to provide you with The Ethical Fundraiser services, and to provide you with information relating to those services.
2.2 I will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for me to pass data to a named third party;
- I am using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on my behalf and I have in place a written agreement with such third party that fulfils my legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or I am required by law to share your data.
3. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
When you enquire about The Ethical Fundraiser and its work, I may process the following data - Name, email address, business address and business function. This would be under legitimate interests, as it is necessary for me to read and store your messages, so that I can respond in the way that you would expect.
When you subscribe to email and other updates about my work, I may process the following data - Name, email address, business address and business function. This would be when you have given your active consent.
In order to provide freelance fundraising and other services, as set out in my written agreements with you, this would be under contract – to fulfil my contractual obligations to you.
Website activity collected through cookies would be under legitimate interests, as it is necessary for me to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect.
4. How long do we keep your personal data?
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, I keep your personal information only for as long as required:
to provide you with the services you have requested;
to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
to support a claim or defence in court.
5.1 I will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give.
5.2 Communications in connection with this service may be sent by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications (other than payments where applicable) will not be sent in an encrypted form. E-mail unless encrypted is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst I endeavour to keep systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects I cannot bear responsibility for all communications being virus-free.
6. Other information
6.1 If you would like me to correct or update any information, or if you would like information deleted from my records, then please email us at email@example.com
6.4 If you have a concern over our information rights practices, then you are able to report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/